During a discussion at one of the main data center meetings this year this struck myself that there are a wide range of options available to info center managers when selecting development for several of their crucial assets : their personnel!
When I requested the head of info centers at a well known company why these people choose a specific vendors training for their own staff that became obvious that they were not fully conscious of the many training options obtainable to them. In addition, it made me think that I really did not know all the options both!!!To improve my comprehending I started to try to put together my very own overview of the numerous options available.
I additionally wanted to understand in more detail the numerous qualifications members of this community often mention when creating their specialist profiles.This is certainly an interesting area. It turns out theref is really a wide selection covering info center design, operations, and management. From what so far right now there is no obvious leader in terms of industry recognized certifications.Therefore here is a summary of the options I could find for training and certifying data center personnel. These types of focus mostly on infrastructure sort training covering design, implementation, operations and management of data centers.I have also remaining out equipment specific training (HP, Oracle, and so on) and the more generic/fundamental training such as ITIL or project management and so forth. These could be included to this list afterwards if you think it really is worth it.
• Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data center primarily based on current and future needs
• Describe all parts that are essential for highavailability in a data center and how to effectively set up the data center
• Name and apply the various industry standards
• Describe the different technologies for United parcel service, fire suppression, cooling, checking systems, cabling requirements, etc, and to select and apply them successfully to cost-efficiently enhance the high-availability of the data center.
• Review the electrical syndication system to avoid costly downtime
• Enhance chilling capabilities and effectiveness in the data center by using present and new techniques and systems for the increased chilling requirements of the future
• Design a extremely reliable and scalable network architecture and learn how to ensure fitters apply proper testing techniques
• Create effective maintenance agreements with equipment suppliers making sure the best return on investment
• Setup effective data center overseeing ensuring the right people get the proper message
• Ensure proper security steps, both step-by-step and technical, are proven to safeguard your corporation’s valuable information in the data center
For more information please visit cdcp training.