During a discussion at one of the main data center conferences this year it struck me that there are a wide range of options available to info center managers when choosing development for some of their important assets : their staff!
When I questioned the head of info centers at a popular company why they choose a specific vendors training for their staff that became evident that they were not fully conscious of the many training options obtainable to them. Additionally, it made me feel that I really couldn’t know all the options either!!!To improve my knowing I started to try out to put together my personal overview of the different options available.
I additionally wanted to comprehend in more detail the numerous qualifications people of this system often point out when writing their professional profiles.That is certainly a fascinating area. It turns out theref is very a wide choice covering data center design, operations, and management. From what so far presently there is no obvious leader in terms of industry recognized certifications.So here is a summary of the options I possibly could find for training and certifying data center personnel. These types of focus mainly on infrastructure sort training covering design, setup, operations and management of data centers.I’ve also still left out equipment particular training (HP, Oracle, etc) and the more generic/fundamental training such as ITIL or project management and so forth. These could be added in to this list later on if you think it really is worth it.
• Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data center based on current and future needs
• Describe all components that are crucial for highavailability in a data center and how to effectively create the data center
• Name and apply the various business standards
• Describe the numerous technologies for United parcel service, fire suppression, cooling, checking systems, cabling specifications, etc, and to choose and apply them effectively to cost-efficiently enhance the high-availability of the data center.
• Review the electrical distribution system to avoid pricey downtime
• Enhance chilling capabilities and efficiency in the data center by using existing and new techniques and engineering for the increased chilling requirements of the future
• Design a extremely reliable and scalable network architecture and learn how to ensure fitters apply proper testing techniques
• Create effective maintenance deals with equipment suppliers ensuring the best return on investment
• Setup effective data center checking ensuring the correct people get the right message
• Ensure proper security actions, both step-by-step and technical, are set up to safeguard your firm’s valuable information in the data center
Click here to get more information about cdcp training